Patient information regarding COVID-19 protocol
We are so glad to welcome you back to our dental office! Granby River Dental is well prepared to meet the challenges of providing safe dental services in our constantly changing health environment. Our infection control protocols follow the direction of the BC Provincial Health Officer, the College of Dental Surgeons of BC, and the BC Dental Association, and they meet or exceed the recommendations of the BC Center for Disease Control and WorkSafe BC.
We also take infection control guidance from the Kois Center, a post graduate dental school in Seattle, Washington where Dr. Tambosso has been a Clinical Instructor since 2008. As the Kois Center is located in the US and has international influences, their recommendations tend to be more stringent than those of our provincial authorities. Although the incidence of COVID-19 is low in British Columbia at the moment, we have chosen to incorporate a wide safety margin in our approach to managing the health of our patients and staff.
Our four dental operatories are equipped with clean-air devices which use HEPA filters and UVC sterilization. Our office ventilation system is equipped with an air cleaning unit which also uses UVC sterilization. We have expanded our infection control protocol to include air/surface disinfection through cold fogging with HOCL. Our staff is well trained in infection control, including the donning and doffing of personal protective equipment, self-care, and regular cleaning and maintenance of patient areas. We have a sufficient supply of protective equipment for our staff to protect themselves and our patients.
During the pandemic, patients can expect to be given specific instructions on social distancing and infection control requirements. These instructions include but are not limited to:
- Completing a COVID-19 pre-screening over the phone
- Completing Medical/Dental History forms online prior to appointment time
- Bringing a mask from home to wear in the building
- Leaving as many personal belongings at home as possible
- Bringing an escort/companion only if special circumstances apply (ex. being sedated or if the patient is a child)
- Reconfirming health status upon arrival to ensure no symptoms or increased risk of COVID-19 infection. This includes a list of questions as well as having temperature taken with a touchless thermometer and checking blood oxygen saturation with a pulse oximeter
- Using hand sanitizer upon entry and exit of the clinic
- Maintaining physical distancing (2 meters) when possible in the clinic
We appreciate your patience with these increased infection control measures. If you have any questions or would like additional details regarding these policies, please reach out to us. We very much look forward to safely seeing you in person!
For further information visit the following links:
< Back to home page